This is the BEST Double Chocolate Banana Bread ever! Super moist, soft and chocolatey! Loaded with tons of chocolate chunks!
Today I am sharing with you one of my and my family all-time favorite banana bread loaded with chocolate..Extra chocolate. This chocolate banana bread recipe is seriously packing the chocolate flavor in it. It’s super moist and those chocolate chips all over the top just make it fun to eat!
How to Make Double Chocolate Banana Bread Video:
What Makes this Banana Bread so Special?
Well, the most important are bananas. Obviously, it is banana bread. Overripe bananas are the key. If you have the overripe brown bananas don’t throw them away, these are the best bananas for your soft, moist and sweet bread. The bananas make the bread super moist and you can still taste the bananas.
Next, is Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, Chocolate makes everything better. It is made with Dutch-process cocoa and chocolate chips. I use Dutch-process cocoa because in this chocolate flavor is so intense. The bread has chocolate chips in the loaf and on top. YES!
I used brown sugar and only brown sugar in this recipe because again, I wanted the bread to be super moist and brown sugar keeps baked goods moister because of the molasses content.
I also used in this recipe Sour Cream because it adds a nice richness, tang and tons of moisture in this bread. I know, I am using word Moist a ton of times in this recipe but trust me this bread is honestly very moist and soft.
How to Make Sour Cream:
It’s very easy to make sour cream at home, you just need full-fat milk cream and lemon or vinegar. Add one tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar in a cup of milk cream and set aside for a few seconds. That’s it your sour cream is ready!
How to Make Double Chocolate Banana Bread :
Preheat the oven at 350 °F or 180 ° C degrees and grease a 9 inches loaf pan with butter.
In a bowl, cream the butter and eggs with the brown sugar. Add mashed overripe bananas and vanilla extract in the egg, butter mixture and mix with a spatula.
In a bowl, combine the flour, Dutch Processed cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in the batter. Add sour cream and mix well.
Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and add some more chocolate and walnut on top of the batter surface and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make sure you don’t overbake the bread. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then let it cool on a wire rack until warm.
This Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the ultimate banana bread. It is SO rich and divine. And it is bread so it is totally acceptable to eat a slice for breakfast. Or you can eat a slice as a 3 p.m. for chocolate pick me up. Or you can eat a slice after dinner for dessert. Or you can eat a slice topped with ice cream at midnight. It is the BEST banana bread and I think you should make a loaf TODAY. I hope you have brown bananas handy.
If you like this Chocolate Banana Bread, you might also like:
The BEST Double Chocolate Banana Bread. Super moist, soft and chocolatey! Loaded with tons of chocolate chunks!
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C or 350 °F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides. Butter the other two sides.
- Add butter and sugar in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer.
- Cream until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add mashed bananas and mix with a spatula.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- On low speed add in the sour cream.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and add chopped chocolate and walnuts on the top of the batter and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.