Chocolate Ganache Frosting is Something decadent & so easy to make and an indulgent way to top your favorite cake or cupcakes!
Best for icing and topping – Chocolate ganache frosting has a thick and smooth texture that will force you to top your cake or cupcake. one of the most interesting thing in making this frosting is its ingredients. it is magic with three basic ingredients and this frosting is almost foolproof.
What is a Chocolate Ganache Frosting?
You can say it a simple alternative to the buttercream. Chocolate Ganache is an easy rich, light, and a silky and versatile dish made from chocolate and cream that can be used as a dessert topping, glaze, filling, or even served on its own.
How to make Chocolate Fudge Frosting? Watch it with us!
Different Forms Of Ganache:
Ganache family is so vast that it can take many different forms. Only you have to do one thing that is Change the ratio of the ingredients and you can use it as a glaze, create homemade truffles, and frost a cake. Whipping ganache invites a fluffiness that makes it soft but with enough structure to cling to your favorite cakes. It can be liquidize icing, cake topping, or frosting.
TIPS FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING:
- A 1:1 ganache ratio is the most commonly used for this frosting and it is a really good ratio for perfect taste.
- You can also change the flavor of this whipped frosting by adding flavor into the ganache.
- Store unused frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If the frosting feels too stiff, allow it sit at room temperature for some time before piping it.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE FROSTING:
Take the chocolate bar and roughly cut it into small pieces. It will help in quick melting.
PRO-TIP FOR GANACHE FROSTING:
- Don’t use bigger chocolate pieces because it will resist the easy melting process.
- you also don’t need to cut the chocolate into very small chunks or into fine shaped pieces because we are going to melt it shortly so this will be totally useless.
When it starts melting you need to add butter into it. NOW, Heat the chocolate and butter on the double boiler until it melts completely. Keep on stirring it.
When both ingredients melt then add full-fat milk in the melted chocolate and butter and mix it thoroughly.
After everything well mixed, cover it with cling wrap and set aside and let it comes at room temperature.
TROUBLESHOOTING THE GANACHE FROSTING:
WHY MY FROSTING IS RUNNY?
If you feel like your ganache frosting is too runny to stay in shape then add a little more butter and cream into it and whip it well to get the required consistency.
WHY MY FROSTING IS HARD?
If your chocolate ganache frosting is hard enough not to pipe, you should keep it on room temperature for few minutes and it will get the exact texture.
Now take cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in another bowl and mix these ingredients thoroughly to make a pasty structure.
You will get it like this and this foamy mixture has a satisfying texture. You will be mesmerized by even thinking of this ganache frosting on your cake or cupcake!
Now add the ganache mixture you have already made, into it, and mix it well. Cover it with wrapping sheet and set aside.
You can spread the frosting of fudge on each layer of cake sponge and you can use it on cupcakes because it has a stable consistency.
Enjoy eating your perfect dream cakes with this delicious chocolate ganache frosting.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
- 2-1/2 cups or 420 grams bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup or 180 grams full-fat cream
- 1 package or 8 ounces or 227 grams cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
- Heat the chocolate and butter on a double boiler until it melts completely.
- Add cream in boiling chocolate and mix it well and cover it with cling wrap and let it comes to room temperature.
- Take cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla essence in a bowl and mix these ingredients to make a pasty structure.
- Now add the chocolate ganache mixture into it and mix it well. Cover it with wrapping sheet and set aside.
- Spread this delicious chocolate fudge frosting evenly over the cake and in between the sponge layers.